Thursday, January 26, 2006

There is no "i" in meme...

Yes, yes... that saddest day has arrived. You are now officially at the End of the World. No... not some Douglas Adams type cafe, the actual event. You know how you can tell? This is my Blog. I've just started it, so we know the end is near.

How can this be? What could cause such a calamity? Well... it all started over at a bulletin board when PinTA coined the phrase LLogger and then it got all blown out of proportion. Actually, it was more of an escalation, which led to the inevitable... The End of the World. Strangely enough, I feel fine.

What was some of the escalation you ask? Well... PinTA just couldn't let go of the idea that I had a blog, even though I'd never confirmed any such rumour. So when Mr. Schprock happened to mention that I should start a blog, she of course chimed in with the "fact" that I already had one, but just wouldn't share. Now of course, I was placed in a precarious position. If I tell Mr. S that I didn't have a blog, everyone finds out and PinTA could continue to call me a LLogger. If I say that I did have a blog, that would be lying and convince everyone that I'm the cad PinTA painted me out to be. A dilemma to be certain. So, I did the only thing I could.

"I can neither confirm, nor deny any such allegation."

Unfortunately, it seems most people can't read English, or even American, as the case may be, and I was subject to being called a variety of bad names. *coughMichelecough* Then they used the nuclear option. They pulled out a meme. Michele picked up where PinTA left off, only she dropped the bomb. She tagged me with the frelling chain meme. And here we are.

If this looks like a who's who of Blogs you already visit, it's not. It's more like a lineup of the guilty parties. I'm sure the finger pointing will be enough to make you all put on safety glasses, but you all are guilty in my book. So let the punishment fit the crime. I now have a blog, and I'll be asking each of you how to do this or that from now on. You will tell me how to do what I ask, that's your punishment. Well... that and reading this Blog.

So now we're on to the question at hand:
Three Things I Do That No One Else Knows About.

I, of course rarely do what I'm told, so I'm going to alter the question to:
Three Things I Do That No One Who Reads This Blog Knows About.

1. I can play 3 different instruments. I'm not going on tour with any one of them, mind you. But I can play them well enough for the purposes of this question.

2. I try to shift gears without using the clutch as often as I can. It's a skill that, while not life saving, does save the life of the clutch, thereby saving me money. Always a good thing, especially for the effort it actually takes.

3. I always carry a $50 gold coin with me whenever I have any other type of currency in my pocket. Perhaps someday, I'll even Blog about the reason why.

And there you have it. I'm not going to tag anyone else, because all the other Blogs I visit have already been tagged. So I reserve the right to tag someone, if the case ever arises.

AND I HOPE YOU'RE ALL FINALLY HAPPY!!! :P

----------------------------

Edit: Do my eyes deceive me or has trinamick not been formally tagged yet? I guess she has now.

14 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

HURRAY! OH HAPPY DAY!!

1/27/2006 3:29 AM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

"AND I HOPE YOU'RE ALL FINALLY HAPPY!!! :P"

Happy? Let me tell you how happy. The mayor of Boston has agreed to hold a Lord Loser Blog Launch rally at City Hall Plaza today at 1:00. The Patriots will be there, along with both President Bushes, the Muppets, Penn and Teller, the Smothers Brothers, Gallagher, and Queen Elizabeth, who will break a bottle of champagne over a Mac G4 tower (which I'll provide). Then we'll all link hands and sing "We Shall Overcome" with others cities across the nation via live feed.

I think the former Soviet republic of Kerblakistan is planning something, too.

1/27/2006 5:26 AM  
Blogger John said...

Aw, show the comments already! Everyone knows the comments are the best part of blogs. You were a big reason for that, by the way.

There. I've sucked up to you, so my comment should be approved, right? :P

C'mon, I even added a stupid emoticon, fer chrissakes.

1/27/2006 6:14 AM  
Blogger LL said...

This is a test, this is only a test...

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

1/27/2006 8:03 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Finally! Hurray, hurray!

1/27/2006 8:10 AM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

What happened to my comment?

1/27/2006 8:51 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

Oh. My. God!
Ohmygodohmygodohmygod!
:rollin:

*Bwa ha ha* Dance little puppet! Dance!

I am so giddy now, you have no idea.
:D

Is one of the three instruments the spoons by any chance, cuz I don't think that counts.

1/27/2006 9:35 AM  
Blogger fakies said...

*gasp* *choke* It's the big one! I'm coming, Lizbeth! *pound chest*

Oh. Must've just been acid reflux.

"Is one of the three instruments the spoons by any chance, cuz I don't think that counts."

Nor does a washboard.

1/27/2006 10:11 AM  
Blogger fakies said...

Oh, and if you had not told us the truth about your blog, you would have been a LLiar.

1/27/2006 10:12 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

"Unfortunately, it seems most people can't read English, or even American, as the case may be, and I was subject to being called a variety of bad names. *coughMichelecough*"

And excuse you mister, but I never called you a name! I said you were LAME!

1/27/2006 10:59 AM  
Blogger LL said...

" What happened to my comment?"

Sorry Mr. S. Due to a glorious ignorance on my part, your comment was scheduled to be moderated before it could be posted. Unfortunately I changed that setting before approving the comments, and the comments were lost in the Bloggerworld, never to be seen again. I hope it was something witty.

"*Bwa ha ha* Dance little puppet! Dance!"
I am not a wee little puppetman.

"Is one of the three instruments the spoons by any chance, cuz I don't think that counts."
"Nor does a washboard."

Crap. Now I've actually got to eat with them AND do some laundry.

"And excuse you mister, but I never called you a name! I said you were LAME!"
Lame game, name game, tomato - tomahto... :P

1/27/2006 12:58 PM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

"Unfortunately I changed that setting before approving the comments, and the comments were lost in the Bloggerworld, never to be seen again. I hope it was something witty."

It was something about the mayor of Boston holding a Lord Loser Blog Launch rally in City Hall Plaza, the dignitaries who were there (the Muppets, Gallagher, Queen Elizabeth), that sort of thing.)

Forgot my camera so I can't show pictures. The mountain people of Kerblakistan named this day in your honor, though. You should be proud.

1/27/2006 1:35 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Kerblakistan? Wow... this is bigger than I ever imagined.

1/27/2006 1:47 PM  
Blogger fakies said...

It seems to be that it should be illegal to tag someone in an edit. Just not right, I tell ya!

1/31/2006 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home