Saturday, December 31, 2011

Gregory's End...

Ah yes... here we go once again with the conclusion of the Gregorian calendar, not year's end mind you, but merely the end of the Gregorian calendar. Nah... the real year doesn't end for a few more months, but here we are anyway.

Much toodo surrounds the pagan feasts at this time of the year, including the making and keeping of "resolutions".

Now anyone that's been around longer than 10 years knows that it's an effort in futility because any change made for a specific made up time of year isn't a change that one really believes in. No... real conversions occur at any time of the year when one truly believes that what they were doing is wrong, not because some convention dictates it.

So with that, it's incumbent that we drivel along with these things anyway... so here goes.

My resolutions?

Drink more, gain weight, watch more TV, and exercise less...

Setting the bar pretty high, I know, but...

*** *** *****
I don't usually do this, but you've got to go and watch the video for the last mystery lyric. I can honestly say, it's one of a kind and I'd never even seen it before I posted the lyrics. Bizarre doesn't even come close to covering it. Enjoy!

***************************
Today's mystery lyric: (Remember the rules folks, no online searching of the lyrics, if you don't know it, you don't have the answer!)

There's no one around
who picks me up when I'm down
like you do

Answer to last lyric: Curl of the Burl by Mastodon.

15 Comments:

Blogger The Queen said...

I made promises to myself on New Years Eve.. I broke them New Years DAy.. cause that's how we roll in my Kingdom..


I promised to give the hookers a day off... I sent them to the streets New Years Night..

hey, I kept my promise.. they had the day off..

1/04/2012 7:11 PM  
Blogger LL said...

What more could one expect?

Welcome to the End of the World Queenie!

1/04/2012 8:02 PM  
Blogger tiff said...

I've made a couple of resolutions for this year, and have already broken them. Gets it out of the way early.

1/05/2012 7:18 AM  
Blogger LL said...

I knew I could count on you Tiffy...

1/05/2012 12:11 PM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

I just think it's funny how all the gyms fill up right after New Year. For the regular gym-goers, it must be funny and exasperating at the same time. I bet the national heart attack rate spikes by mid-January.

1/06/2012 2:48 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Heh heh... You remind me of a story from my college days... I'll tell that one next time.

1/06/2012 9:30 PM  
Blogger BC said...

I dont bother to make them anymore. Although I have been working on one that I made a few years ago. And making great progress. ;o)

1/14/2012 8:02 PM  
Blogger Trainwreck said...

Well I prefer "Headstrong" but hey you wouldn't like me as much as I know you do if I liked the same thing;) How the heck are you?! Good to see you still writing useful tidbits. I miss you, my email got hacked, so I lost all your lovely emails. Never could get the boot/purse maker to reply? Not sure whats up with that? SO anyway, hope all is well at your casa!! See ya around;)

1/16/2012 2:49 PM  
Blogger LL said...

BC - I hope it's a productive one.

TDub - I'm sorry... who the hell are you? And why are you bothering me here? :ewink:

Glad to see you back at the End of the World! Well... not glad actually, more like slightly more than ambivalent toward your return. :P

I've tried to comment on your new blog, but for some reason it won't load the comment page. I've had that happen over at fermi's blog too recently. Methinks Google/blogger did something that has caused me much problems... Just know that I'm still going to visit and read your blog, but there might be a suspicious lack of comments from this particular peanut gallery...

BTW, do you still have the same email addy?

1/16/2012 6:35 PM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

No resolutions for me are ever made...I have a hard enough time keeping up without the extra demands they'd add to my life!

1/19/2012 11:35 AM  
Blogger LL said...

*thud*

1/19/2012 1:46 PM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

*thud* ???

1/20/2012 8:11 PM  
Blogger The W.O.W. factor! said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! Just dawned on me...you must have fallen off your rocker!!! Ya alright?? ;-)

1/20/2012 9:01 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Sometimes... I just get caught off guard like that. Especially when the long lost stop back by. ;)

1/20/2012 10:02 PM  
Blogger Trainwreck said...

Lmao!! "Fell off your rocker" that was awesome! ;D well first off I had to create a whole new blog!! Seems if you don't post more than once a yearit is not popular with blogger? I am unable to get my old address back? So new addie, new link. Yep still have the same email. Some how everything just got erased?

1/22/2012 6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home