Saturday, August 27, 2011

Join Me...

It must be something in the water.

Last Sunday, my bro decided to get remarried so we made the long drive north and witnessed that one... Everything went off with a hitch.

I got to stop by and see an old college friend while I was up there, so I guess the trip wasn't a total bust.

Then... I get home and on Tuesday I got some really bad news. I'd expected it for years, but when it finally happened... Well... it still comes as a shock.

I checked my email and there it was... a message from generic_screenname. Now we've emailed back and forth a few times over the years since we first met over at Frell Me Dead, so hearing from him wasn't unheard of, but the subject of the message made me die a little inside.

g_s was always a fun loving guy, quick with a quip or jab and never took himself seriously, but all that's over now. The subject line of the email said it all.

"I got hitched."

Oh the tragedy of it all. I was there when he and JG started getting serious, and I was there when JG and her little girl moved to the frigid north to shack up with him. But there was still hope... always hope. Now... it's all gone.

Yup, he and JG eloped and spent the money on a honeymoon cruise instead of a wedding. I suppose this goes to show he hasn't lost all sense, but I'll also wager JG the Frigi... erm... frugal had some input as well.

So anyway... Join with me now in passing along my deepest sympathies to the new bride and groom.

CONGRATS YOU TWO!!! I wish you nothing but the best life can offer!

****************************
Today's mystery lyric: (Remember the rules folks, no online searching of the lyrics, if you don't know it, you don't have the answer!)

And everything was made for you and me
All of it was made for you and me
cause it just belongs to you and me
So lets take a ride and see whats mine

Answer to last lyric: Animal I Have Become by 3 Day's Grace. Way to go BC!

14 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Oh LL, always the romantic..... ; )

Michele

8/30/2011 2:21 PM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

I found out via twitter. It's a brave new world. ;)

Congrats to the happy couple!

So, I think the virtual bouquet landed in your lap, LL. Who's the lucky girl?

8/30/2011 3:45 PM  
Blogger LL said...

JG - Yeah, yeah, yeah...

P - I thought it was you. Isn't that why you've been visiting here for two posts in a row?

8/30/2011 3:53 PM  
Blogger Knight said...

Oh DEAR GOD NO! Why would anybody do such a thing? The horror! I'm so sorry LL. Nobody should have to go through this with friends and family. Unless of course, you think we should get hitched ;)

8/31/2011 9:27 AM  
Blogger LL said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa... Hold on there my dear, you're moving awfully fast aren't ya? I know you're a big city gal now and all, but shouldn't we shack up for a bit first like they did and have wild monkey sex or something for six or seven years before doing something so rash and impulsive as getting hitched?

You're likely to scare me away with such talk... unless of course you post a picture of you in that new costume... in which case... well... How's Thanksgiving sound for introducing me to your parents? :P

8/31/2011 10:41 PM  
Blogger tiff said...

Mazeltov!!

I think.

9/03/2011 6:42 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

That is frelling AWESOME news! Congrats to them. :-)

And LL - very happy to see how your boys from Boise are handing it to the bulldawgs. I may have to do my snoopy happy dance in a few minutes.

9/03/2011 9:25 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

It's official. Doin' my Snoopy happy dance. I have to work with UGA people and they would have been insufferable had they won. :-)

9/03/2011 9:32 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Ummmmm... Tiffy? They're Catholic, not Jewish. But other than that...

fermi - I was wondering if you'd show up and finally wish them a good one. Figures you'd only do it when the Dawgs were getting handed a loss. I kinda figured you'd be supporting the hosses too. You did mention last year that you would be.

As for the Snoopy dance... I expect you to do it many times on your next work day... In front of the UGAs... :ewink:

9/03/2011 9:58 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Btw fermi... my boys didn't hand it to the Dawgs... my boys played the Tiggers, and let it slip through their fingers at the last minute. They're getting better though.

9/03/2011 10:02 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

LL- those Tiggers were awfully lucky today. Just got caught up on Sports Center. I was doing Dragon*Con stuff today and didn't get to watch any games.

9/03/2011 10:12 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

You are definitely a romantic. I'm amazed no woman has caught you in her talons yet.

9/06/2011 5:19 AM  
Blogger LL said...

Whathe... who???

Kathleen? Who the hell are you and why are you commenting on my blog? I used to know a Kathleen, a lovely young lass, who used to post quite regularly on a blog that I quite enjoyed visiting. But you can't be her... but she disappeared a looong time ago from the interwebz... :P

Glad to see you back darlin'! Even if you are still tormenting me... ;)

9/06/2011 2:40 PM  
Blogger BC said...

I found out a while ago and was shocked.... Shocked, I tell ya. :P

Im happy for them. They are a great couple. :o)

9/12/2011 5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home