Monday, February 07, 2011

A Post Mortem...

Or mortem post if you will...

It's here we will spend a lot of time dissecting the Super Bowl game. Ready? Ok... Let's begin.

Green Bay scored 31 points, Pittsburgh only scored 25.

Well... enough of that, let's get onto the important things.

How about that pre-pre-pre-pre-game show? And the pre-pre-pre-game show... now that was really something. I thought the pre-pre-game show was a bit slow, but they rallied slightly during the regular pre-game show.

I would comment on the pre-game festivities, but alas... I was called away to take care of a heifer and her first calf, so all that I got to see was Christina Aguil... Agul... Aguille... you know, the gal that was set to sing the National Anthem, smile and wave at the camera.

Because of this... I had to rely on the radio this morning for the anthem wrap up. The local DJ, who usually entertains me asked people to text in or email what they thought of Christina's performance. The first message to make the air was, why do these people think they have to embellish the hell out of the Star Spangled Banner? And secondly... if you're going to wreck the song with all these vocal stylings... at least remember the frelling words!

Now that is a good point. When you're asked to sing the SSB at the SB, people aren't there to be impressed by you, you're just something else they have to endure before the game begins. Sing the damn song in a simple, yet tonally beautiful way, wave to the crowd, and get the hell off the field.

Perhaps the most classic message that came across the DJ's desk was one that made me laugh out loud. It simply read...

"That was Christina? Damn... I thought it was Snookie with a bad dye job."

****************************
Today's mystery lyric: (Remember the rules folks, no online searching of the lyrics, if you don't know it, you don't have the answer!)

You know you can't have fire without the flame
Can't keep the fortune without the fame
That's how he makes it when he's on his own

Answer to last lyric: Oh Yeah by Yello. Only one guess? I'm so disappointed.

15 Comments:

Blogger Train Wreck said...

One would think that if they were going to sing the National Anthem One would make darn sure you could sing it in your sleep! I mean really, I would possibly forget a line, due to my shyness and nervousness. However SHe sings for a living! And most of the time nearly nekkid! You know the media and people in general are just waiting for a slip up!? Sheesh... DOn't even get me started on the half time crap I mean show... heh heh;)

2/10/2011 9:13 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

awww TW.... you didn't like the BEP? LOL. FERGIE ROCKS. Not.

I thought Christina did better than the gleek before her. The gleek look so terrified and was totally lip syncing.

2/12/2011 6:19 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

PS
Ratt
Way cool Jr

2/12/2011 6:21 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Halftime was awful, and I was underwhelmed by the commercials this year. I didn't really care who won - not a fan of either team.

2/13/2011 1:04 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Tdub - such language! :P

JennyLu - I didn't get to see the gleek... and good guess!

fermi - What? What's wrong with a supergroup that was playing two year old songs? You wanted a marching band or something

2/18/2011 5:32 PM  
Blogger Da Old Man said...

Did the Giants play? I musta missed the game.

2/19/2011 9:55 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Nah... the Gnats couldn't even beat the Eagles...

2/19/2011 10:07 PM  
Blogger Midlife Mom said...

I am so with you on the SB. Of course when my beloved Pats bit the dust I was almost ready to not watch any way. I did see the song and it was horrendous. Good grief, at least get someone who can sing and remember their lines. :o)

2/20/2011 6:36 AM  
Blogger LL said...

Welcome to the End of the World MM. I'm actually a big Steeler fan, so if the score would have been different, I might have had a better analysis. ;)

And you're from Maine, eh? So are you really a Maine-ah, or are you from away?

2/20/2011 11:15 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

the half-time show entertained the kids. I was waiting for everyone wearing the costumes to get simultaneously shocked and put an end to it.

oh and FERGIE ROCKS....
Not!

Ratt was not a guess, I have the cassette... shhhhhit..... lol...

2/20/2011 9:48 PM  
Blogger Knight said...

I'm going to sing next year. Tune in and watch me get arrested!

2/21/2011 10:44 AM  
Blogger LL said...

Just take my advice Knight my dear... ;)

2/21/2011 1:13 PM  
Blogger tiff said...

it seems so long ago now...

2/25/2011 11:58 AM  
Blogger LL said...

That's what happens when you don't check in more often...

2/26/2011 3:44 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Nothing new here? At least some things on the internet are easy to keep up with!

3/27/2011 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home