Thursday, March 02, 2006

In the End, There's Really No Difference.

As I was reading g_s' latest post I couldn't help but think of a story that involved my Uncle.

He was in the hospital for something or other, and with breakfast they gave him a glass of apple juice. Coincidentally, he also was to give them a urine sample after breakfast.

Now my Uncle doesn't really like apple juice, so he looked at the glass of juice, and then at the urine sample cup. A smile started over his face at this point and he poured the apple juice into the sample cup.

When the nurse came in to take his plate and get the sample, he handed her the "sample". She looked at it and said, "Boy that's awfully cloudy." To which my Uncle replied, "Let me see." and she handed him the cup. "Wow, you're right. That is awfully cloudy, maybe we oughta run that through again." and quickly he tips the cup back and drinks all of the contents.

With a shriek, the nurse cries "Ahhh!" and lunges for the cup, but he's already chugged it, and then my Uncle busts out laughing and finally tells her what he'd done. She was relieved and he had a great story to tell all of us.

I would tell you the one about another Uncle and a can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew, but PinTA has a weak stomach, and I doubt she could take it... ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger fakies said...

That's pretty funny. If I'm ever in the hospital, I better not try it. Knowing my luck, I'd end up drinking the wrong thing.

Incidentally, why do they always put the urine pitcher right next to the water pitcher? Not exactly thirst-quenching, if you ask me.

3/02/2006 10:16 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3/02/2006 3:39 PM  
Blogger LL said...

"You're just sick."

Hey... you kept pestering me to start a blog.

"Incidentally, why do they always put the urine pitcher right next to the water pitcher?"

To test for colorblindness?

3/02/2006 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home