Sunday, March 26, 2006

There Ain't No Cure For the Morning Show Blues.

I'm sure I've mentioned before that I live in a slightly remote location. It's not quite the end of all civilization, but you can see it from here. Anyway...

I used to just wake up to the standard beep beep beep alarm, but that was before I got lazy, well... it was at least when I was back in college. Of course back then, I'd sleep until the very last minute and have to get up to do the morning routine before heading to class. These days, I have no set schedule, so I prefer to wake up to the radio. That way I can lay there and listen to the music for a while before braving the day. That is... I used to listen to the music.

A few weeks back, the only radio station I can pick up on the radio/alarm switched from their local morning show, which played mostly music, to a morning show out of Los Angeles which is mostly talking and "joking", and niether is very entertaining. Then there are the call in's who "just love your show!" What type of bad crack are these people smoking? *sigh*

I guess I'm old enough to remember the days when there was actually music on the radio in the morning, and the "morning show" consisted of the DJ's saying "Wake up sleepy heads, here's a little Nugent to get you out of bed." Followed by a little Metalica, Megadeath, Sabbath, or even the occassional Blackfoot, Big Country, or BTO just to get you over the sandman's hangover. But those days are past. Now it's a couple of guys talking about sex, or bad haircuts, or what their next giveaway is gonna require. "That's right Billy, stick your elbow in your ear and we'll give you a nice CD set of William Hung's greatest hits!"

I tell ya... I'm about to go back to the beeper.

5 Comments:

Blogger fakies said...

I have my stereo timer set to a CD, because the only radio station we get here in the house is our local crappy AM station. There are two idiotic DJs on in the morning, and I can't stand listening to them talk about football, cattle, and "having an ICE day." Morons.

3/27/2006 8:22 AM  
Blogger LL said...

I think I need to buy one of those...

3/27/2006 11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a CD one but I was starting to really like just laying there listening to it and I wasnt getting out of bed on time. So now I just have mine set to a station that doesnt exist so that when the alarm goes off, it squelches at me. The beep beep doesnt work anymore. I can sleep through that. Plus mine is across the room so I have to get up and out of bed to turn it off. HA!!! My old one was a regular stereo that had a remote with a snooze button on it.

3/27/2006 4:18 PM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

Do they make satellite radio alarm clocks yet? That might be your answer.

I have my alarm clock set for either "fingernails on a chalkboard" or "pigs in a slaughterhouse." Sure gets me up.

3/28/2006 10:03 AM  
Blogger LL said...

" Do they make satellite radio alarm clocks yet? That might be your answer."

But that would entail subscribing to another monthly service. TV and internet are already too much... :P

3/28/2006 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home