Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Inescapable Conclusion

Most women are either liars, or dumb.

I could probably leave my post right there, but I'm afraid that would leave too much room for interpretation, so I suppose I'll go on.

Last night, I'm watching Miami Ink and this chick gets a tattoo of a Spanish skull to remind her of her last boyfriend. Why a skull? Because it was an abusive relationship and he beat her. Huh? I must be denser than I realized, because I still can't see the tie in... But it did get me thinking.

Back in the day, before all my rowdy friends got fitted with their ball and chain, we used to do a little clubbin' every now and again. Ok... every weekend, but that's not the point... I hope. No, it's definately not the point. Now where were we before I got so rudely interrupted by PinTA's thoughts... oh yes, clubbin'.

Invariably, when any one of us would speak to some girl, the story always seemed to be the same. She was divorced. No... it wasn't her fault. Her husband used to "beat the shit out of" her. EVERY ONE!

Now I know a lot of guys, and I know a few fairly violent ones, yet none of them have ever slapped a girl around. So where are these masses of abusers? Do you women out there actively seek out someone who looks like he's gonna smack you around a bit? Doesn't the wife beater T-shirt give you some sort of clue? I'm gonna bet that the three or four of you that actually read this blog couldn't find a guy each that would beat you if you were actually trying to find them, but I digress...

Let's say for the sake of example, that each of you could find someone willing to sop up on you. The first time would probably be his last if I were a chick. I've got no problem cutting bait for such an offense, and if he did it again, well... I'd be tried by twelve, and he'd be carried by six. Hmmm... and I even got a 0% wrath on KTM's latest post, go figure.

Now that means that women probably aren't dumb, even the ones who went bar-hoppin' back in the day, so that only leaves that they are liars.

Do girls actually think that a guy's going to be interested in them over sympathy? Hell no! The first thing a guy thinks is, "Man, if I went out with this chick, it could turn out to be seriously bad. This guy might show up and shoot us both. Not worth the risk..." End of story.

Good grief... if you're gonna lie, tell a guy that your ex just couldn't keep up with you in the sack and you need it 3 times a day. That'll at least get you a slew of first dates, and a few free meals!

********************************

And now I'd like to unveil a new feature here at the End of the World. I call it the mystery lyric. Since I don't have the time to actually post things of substance every day, I've decided to at least post a mystery lyric from a song every day, so that you can all rack your brains for the song based on the obscure lyric I give you. The only rule is that there's no googling the lyric. This is a test of your recall, not your typing skills. Don't worry fermi, I'll even post a few that you'll recognize too. ;P I'll start you all off with an easy one...

Today's Mystery Lyric:

Late at night, she knocks on my door
Drunk again, and looking to score.
I know, I should say no, but
it's kinda hard when she's ready to go.
I may be dumb, but I'm not a dweeb...

7 Comments:

Blogger fakies said...

Ooh! I know this one. Offspring - Self Esteem. C'mon now. That one was just a gimme.

I know a lot of women in this area whose husbands beat the crap out of them. Most of them don't admit it, though. Seems an odd thing to lie about.

All I know is if some joker ever tried to knock me around, I'd either be charged with a felony or a misdeweiner.

8/24/2006 8:45 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

Most women? Most? Really? *angry glare* *hefts baseball bat* Really?

Well, I can't speak for "most" women, but I've never dated anyone that even remotely seemed like the type of guy that would hit me. It is my understanding that most abusers are pretty good at picking the women that they can manipulate, then control, then smack around and make them think it's their fault... so I'm just wondering what kind of women you are attracted to...? Sicko.

8/24/2006 11:12 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Back in the day, before all my rowdy friends got fitted with their ball and chain, we used to do a little clubbin' every now and again. Ok... every weekend, but that's not the point

That cracked me up. I found your blog strange. I mean, I know a lot of women and only a tiny amount were ever hit by anyone. I do believe if you were seriously beaten by anyone, you wouldn't be talking about it. You're embarrassed by it, you're ashamed by it, and you're just ... well quiet about it. Like Vietnam vets. I actually did have a high school boyfriend who liked to push, shove, and throw me into walls. I was a kid, but I believed it was his way of showing affection. Then I got sick of all that love and beat him with a lead pipe. True story. And I don't even want a hug. haha

8/24/2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger LL said...

I told you it was an easy one KTM.

I totally understand that there are some women who get beaten. I realize that it's more than 2 or 3. But I kid you not, EVERY ONE had the same story. It was like it was scripted on the women's bathroom wall. WTF?

"Sicko"

If you only knew... :lech:

"Then I got sick of all that love and beat him with a lead pipe."

See? I'll bet that's a lie too. They haven't made lead pipes in centuries. I'm wagering it was a steel pipe! :P

8/24/2006 5:53 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

I've never been hit by a man. Nor would I stay with someone who tried it. There have been a few occasions in my life where I was a bit concerned that a guy with a temper might try it, but thankfully it never actually happened. I'm not the type to bait someone who is angry, so maybe that helps avert the danger.

8/24/2006 9:39 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Absolutely no clue on the lyric, but hell, I suck at this game.

Maybe the whole "my ex beat me" thing is regional? I have one girlfriend whose husband hit her, and I'm pretty sure she didn't use it as a lead-in at a bar. I should say ex-husband. When we went to help her exchange the big screen TVs, it was all I could do not to beat the shit out of him, but her lawyer warned us we couldn't. DAMN!

8/25/2006 5:36 AM  
Blogger fakies said...

I think it does make a difference where you live. Also, if you've grown up in an abusive home, you have a tendency to date/marry the same type of guy as your father (Not always, thank god).

It's a big problem out here, especially with the younger generation. I went to school with several guys who beat the crap out of their girlfriends regularly. Two of the women ended up marrying them. I, on the other hand, would have been having a reeducation moment, with the assistance of a Louisville.

8/25/2006 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home