Friday, January 01, 2010

New Post, Old Subject... Unfortunately.

Well... here we are again.

My best friend from HS called me the other day. He was in tears, and told me that his older brother's son had just been killed in a car wreck.

He was 19 and had just gotten through serving his first year in the Coast Guard. Turns out, he had a sweetie and they were looking at rings and although he hadn't popped the question, they felt like they were engaged to boot.

He and his dad had just stopped down here for a short visit over Thanksgiving, and now he's gone. He was always a good kid to me, and his death is hitting the family pretty hard, especially coming this time of the year.

Not the best subject to post about, but alas...

R.I.P. Ethan.

Not a good post for lyrics, so back with the Lyrics soon...

10 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

My sympathy to you LL, and your family. How very sad. Family, friends and time helps those left behind, until then I hope you all gain the strength and support from one another to get through such a horrible time.

1/01/2010 9:18 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Thanks Deb. I don't need much comforting though. It just pretty much sucks from my end.

1/02/2010 6:34 PM  
Blogger tiff said...

Aw crap. A life not even a quarter lived is such a shame to lose.

1/05/2010 7:11 AM  
Blogger LL said...

'Tis Miss Tiffy... Funeral was today, and it was a bit of a tear jerker. But alas... not much else can be done now.

1/05/2010 7:37 PM  
Blogger The Queen said...

How sad. I am so sorry to read this.

1/07/2010 3:11 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Thanks Queenie...

And welcome to the End of the World

1/07/2010 10:19 PM  
Blogger Charmaine said...

I was going to complain about my life. Now I won't.

I've been on the receiving end of death. It always sucks. No one can make you feel better.

Injury heals, eventually. In my case it always suprises me at how long it takes.

My best to you.

1/09/2010 10:31 PM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

Really sorry to hear about this. At that age it just simply isn't fair. I'm sure you're being a good friend to your buddy. Sounds like he could use you.

1/11/2010 6:55 AM  
Blogger Train Wreck said...

My heart goes out to your friend and his family. I know it will be a difficult time for many years to come. The pain never goes away, it just lessens as the years pass. Damn, I hate to hear someone has to go through such a heartbreaking situation. Nice of you to mention it, so we can keep them in our hearts.

1/18/2010 7:37 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

That is horrible. What a waste. I hope his family and friends will find some comfort and peace in time.

1/21/2010 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home