Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snow Day...

Do you remember that feeling you'd get as a youngster knowing that there was a major snow storm coming in and you might get a day out of school? You'd wait with bated breath all night until the sandman finally worked his magic on you...

Then, if like me... you were still in slumber as my brother got up and found out the "news" because my parents would let us sleep a little later on such occasions. But all was not lost, because I'd eventually get up and... and... erm... waitaminute. We have to get ready and go with my parents to feed the cattle? Butbutbut... it's a freebie! We... No choice? Oh...

Well... today wasn't like that at all. No... the breeze woke me up about 4 this morning, and by breeze I mean 50 mph gusts, but as I rolled over, I knew it was gonna be a fun outing. So as I woke up to the dulcet tones of Thunderkiss75 on the radio, I was pretty well prepared for what I was about to see.

Wind. Lots and lots of wind blowing what little snow we've got all over. Just about then my mom called and asked if I was blown in or if I could get out. I had no idea, but I was pretty sure I could. Fact is... there was very little snow left because of the wind, and as I looked at the thermo-meter it was a balmy 30 degrees out. Pfft... wind schmind.

But alas... the weather boys are saying don't get too comfortable, that's the warmest it's gonna get. Not only that, but tonight's supposed to be all of minus something or other. And then it started snowing.

Yup... still snowing actually. About 6 inches so far and rising. Now we've had snow this early before, fact is, we've had it much earlier than this, but... it looks like winter's here and that's not good. I mean I'll accept it because there's not much else to do, but... really? Already?

Well... cold tonight, cold tomorrow, and then by the weekend back into the 40s with chance of rain. Maybe all's not lost.

Of course, this same storm is going to hit Denver now and I fear for Charm's safety. Last time it got down into the 40s she thought she froze her nipples off. I do fear for her nipples tonight...

****************************
Today's mystery lyric: (Remember the rules folks, no online searching of the lyrics, if you don't know it, you don't have the answer!)

Let me take you far away
You'd like, a holiday.
Let me take you far away,
You'd like, a holiday.

Exchange the cold days
for the sun.
With good times and fun.

Answer to last lyric: No More Tears by Ozzy Osbourne. Way to go BC!

10 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

Sorry to hear about early onset winterness. It was T-shirt weather again today in Hotlanta (70F), and rainy/humid. No danger of any nipple damage in our area, thank goodness.

11/23/2010 9:01 PM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

Winter blows. Pun intended.

11/23/2010 9:27 PM  
Blogger LL said...

It's colder than a bucket full of penguin shit here right now. Last I looked, 2 degrees and my house has a chill that the fireplace isn't quite staying ahead of. Gonna have to turn the thermostat up a tad.

The biggest concern? Don't have any winterized diesel yet so tomorrow could be a fuuuuuuuun day. I'll let you know if I'ma gellin.

11/23/2010 9:30 PM  
Blogger LL said...

P! You snuck in when I wasn't looking... shame on you for that.

It didn't blow today, it was actually quite still. Right now though, it's -4. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here.

But it could be worse. Last night Stanley was -25. I can only imagine they'll beat that tonight.

11/24/2010 10:14 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

We had the warmest Thanksgiving in recent memory - sunny and near 70F. Lows in the 60s, so it was great porch sittin' weather late afternoon into the evening. Y'all can keep that -4 to yourselves!

11/26/2010 9:01 PM  
Blogger LL said...

We're not selfish like that fermi. We'd love to give it to someone else...

11/29/2010 9:32 PM  
Blogger tiff said...

hmmm, 68 and tornadoes here today.

11/30/2010 1:44 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Its been chilly here. And rain, rain and more rain. I wouldnt mind a little snow but the wind is cold and sucks the life out of you. I was going to take the kid to see the CP Holiday Train Sunday night but it was just too cold to stand out there. We did watch it go by on the tracks though. Im not looking forward to winter. My drive to work is longer now that Ive moved.

11/30/2010 3:14 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

I assure you we do not want your frigid weather here. Really.

12/01/2010 10:38 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Tough! You're getting it whether you want it or not!

12/03/2010 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home