Saturday, September 29, 2012

Randomness of the Rectangular Rhinocerous Variety...

When we last left our hero...  he was broke down.  That got fixed.

So this month I...
1. Repaired a dam that washed out a couple years ago...
2. Had my little ho have a coupler fail and no longer worked.  I'll fix that tomorrow.
3. Bought new front tires for my mechanical horse so I can ride it next week.
4. Cleaned and packed a travel trailer so that I can stay in it next week as I chase cows on my mech horsie...
5. Did a plethora of other things that I can't remember...  but I was busy.

Next up is where I tell you about breaking down and buying some high dollar hooch.  Don't ever start drinking high dollar hooch.  Especially you Tiff...  You can't go back.  What kind you ask?  Well...   some Pendleton 1910 .  It's...  really good.  Scary good in fact.

Contrary to popular belief...  I'm not Steve McKenna although we do bare a remarkable resemblance when fully bearded...

And once again, if you haven't guessed from the earlier writing...  I'm off to the hills to start the yearly gathering of the vacas.  That means I'll be working cattle steady for probably the next 30 days or so.  Much riding, much dust, much eating of frost gnats, and much in the way of sore ass-ets. Maybe even a short temper or two.  All in all much fun to be had.  Don't you wish you were me?

And finally...  in the realm of randomness that I've occupied today (I blame Tiff for this)...

Happy Birthday Twichie.

***************************
Today's mystery lyric: (Remember the rules folks, no online searching of the lyrics, if you don't know it, you don't have the answer!)

And you just don't get it
Keep it copacetic
And you learn to accept it
You know
You're so pathetic
Answer to last lyric: Today sung by John Denver, but I've never actually heard him sing it before now... 

9 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Hey, what's up? I accidently moved my blog. it's http://www.random-squeegee.blogspot.com/ for now. Until I now how to change it back. Also I posted something. And I write somewhere else now too, or more, with Maz and PinTA, but she hardly ever writes anything. Okay, well, just letting you know. Now to prove I'm not a robot ant write "tsnalle"

10/04/2012 5:37 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Somehow... I don't believe you're not a robot.

10/04/2012 6:26 PM  
Blogger John said...

I wish I was a robot.

10/04/2012 9:09 PM  
Blogger tiff said...

giddyup, cowfeller! Those frost gnats are waiting!

10/05/2012 11:03 AM  
Blogger LL said...

Sorry Tiffy... too cold and windy for frost gnats this week. Ice on the other hand... that we had a plenty.

g_s... if you were a robot, you'd have better things to do that hang out at this blog...

10/05/2012 4:45 PM  
Blogger MacRankin said...

It's a tough life you lead. But you know something? I almost envy you already… Well nearly.

Hey, maybe you ought to go into the holiday business attracting real losers. Er, I mean, potential clients to go on cattle-herding, adventure holidays of a life-time.

10/08/2012 2:52 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Yes Madre... but I'm afraid if I had to deal with them day in and day out... You'd be reading about me and a massive killing spree.

10/08/2012 3:14 PM  
Blogger MacRankin said...

So what's your favourite meal after you've had a chance to sit back and admire your days work?

I'm only asking because I'd like to know if you follow a set routine, or just like to mix it up a bit - the meals, I mean. Though, I suppose beef is off the menu.

Not being funny, but that McKenna fella looks like he wouldn't last two minutes doing what you're doing without knocking back his liquid assets for six. Or should that be for twenty-six. LOL

10/16/2012 10:14 AM  
Blogger LL said...

No particular meals Madre... and surprisingly enough... beef is ALWAYS on the menu. There are other things in the rotation, but good ol' home grown grass fed beef is hard to beat.

For example... worked hard all day yesterday, had a turkey sandwich for lunch at 3:00... had a rib steak at 8.

It was quite tasty.

10/19/2012 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home