Sunday, April 08, 2007

A Few Odds and Ends...

I really don't feel like making another post, but hey... I can't keep you all waiting for your fix of blogging gold much longer, so...

*************

I watch a bit of TV and of course that means I see several commercials. Today's particular subject is the NutriSystem for men commercial with all the ex football players in it.

Now Marino lost 20 lbs, someone else lost 50, then 100, then 20, then...

ok... so each time they post the weight loss in HUGE numbers, in fine print below the number is the phrase "results not typical". Erm... lemme get this straight. 100 lbs lost isn't typical. I can see that. 50? Allright. But 20? Not typical? My gadfry! If I can't lose at least 20 lbs, I ain't signin' up for nobody's weight loss program. C'mon, people. How many overweight people do you know that say to themselves... you know, if I can just slip off 5 or 6 lbs, I'll be set.

But then again... if I lost 20 lbs, I'd be mere skin and bones instead of the Adonis like creature I am now...

****************

This weekend is another free HBO weekend. So far... I'm not signin' up for this one either.

****************

The weather around these parts sucks. It's been between 65 and 70 for the last week or so, and all the trees are budding and flowers are starting to bloom. Man... where is that 20 degree weather when you need it... (sorry Beth) ;)

****************

One of these days I'll be back to abnormal. But until then... think nice thoughts and think of a way to communicate the word "chocolate babies" to your partner.

6 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

65 and 70??? Are you kidding??? (kicking you)

You know, even my children picked up on the "results not typical" in the weight loss commercials/informercials. The 20 pounds not typical in this post, had me roaring though. =)

4/09/2007 7:18 AM  
Blogger LL said...

*ouch* Wha? ;)

I'm glad I could start your day off with a chuckle.

Word ver: sukfccr -- seems we're getting a little vulgar in our vers these days...

4/09/2007 7:59 AM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Hey LL - please take your cold weather back. We don't want it anymore (and all the tiny peaches are dead).

I hear that shivering uncontrollably burns a lot of calories*.

*results not typical

4/09/2007 9:21 AM  
Blogger LL said...

If it makes you two feel any better... it's only about 50 today with cold wind and rain. I'll gladly take the rain though.

4/09/2007 11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You watch the weirdest things. I swear. LOL

Its currently 41 here and thats about as high as its been for over a week. And snow. Doesnt stick but its still there for the taking.

Word verification: ypoonky

I think you are the one selecting them. Yep.

Pfft... like you need to lose any weight. LOLOL

4/09/2007 11:20 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I hate those diet/exercise commercials.

4/11/2007 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home