Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Because I'm a Sucker...

Here's the infamous High School Meme.

1. Who was your best friend (in high school)? Guy. Or as I later called him, Guido.
2. What sports did you play? Football, and my freshman year, I wrestled at 105 lbs.
3. What kind of car did you drive? Which year? We drove a 70 sumptin' Datsun pickup for a while, until the wiring finally melted for no reason, then we had a 1980 (maybe 84, I can't remember) 4 door brown Honda Accord, until my brother graduated, then he took that with him to college and I got an '87 Olds Calais, which I still drive when I need to. We've seen a lot of miles together.
4. It’s Friday night, where were you? Depends on the time of the year. In the fall during my first three years, I would be on the sidelines of the football field watching the game. Senior year I actually spent most of the time on the field. Except the week that I was healing up from an, erm... injury.
5. Were you a party animal? Well... there were no party animals in my school, despite what some may think or say. We did a little drinking here and there, but compared to college life, I wouldn't even consider it junior varsity partying.
6. Were you in the “In Crowd”? Uh... no.
7. Ever skip school? No, we'd skip class occasionally, but not the whole day.
8. Ever smoke? Not in High School, but I know what it tastes like now.
9. Were you a nerd? Ayup.
10. Did you get suspended/expelled? Not that I can remember, but then again, there is that whole party animal thing... :P
11. Can you sing the alma mater? Some of it.
12. Who was your favorite teacher? I didn't have a favorite. Some were just less incompetent than others.
13. Favorite class? I liked Math, but my ambition was quenched at an early age, so I just did as little as possible to get by. Did I mention I was an A student? I didn't... oh, then forget I said anything.
14. What was your school’s full name? OHS
15. School mascot? The Hornet
16. Did you go to Prom? Which year? Oh yeah... they all get the same answer... no.
17. If you could go back and do it over, would you? I once thought I would like to, but probably not. Why suffer through all that again if you don't have to.
18. What do you remember most about graduation? That we had to have it in the local Mormon church, and when we asked why we couldn't hold it in the gym, the answer we were given was, "Because."
19. Favorite memory of your Senior Year? Probably going to State in football. We got our a**es kicked, and good, but it was a fun year.
20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall? Erm... no such thing.
21. Did you have a job your senior year? I'm a ranch kid so... no. I had plenty of work, a job implies that I got paid.
22. Who did you date? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Good one!
23. Where did you go most often for lunch? Went up town and ate at the local pub, known as Gene and Marie's. It turned out to be a pretty good deal because she kind of adopted us and it became a good friendship.
24. Have you gained weight since then? Oh yeah. At least 35 lbs or so, but I carry it well. *whistles innocently*
25. What did you do after graduation? Went to College. It was tough, but I was able to squeeze 4 years into 5 and got a pretty good education. In fact, when I was a freshman, my dad told me not to let school get in the way of a good education. I took his advice to heart. ;)

Good thing this isn't the College Meme... otherwise, I might've had to take the fifth!

11 Comments:

Blogger mr. schprock said...

That was a good line from your dad about not letting school get in the way of a good education. Somewhere I read a quote from someone important or famous or both saying that the purpose of formal education is to give us the tools to continue our educations on our own . . . only, of course, he said it much cooler than that.

When did you start growing your beard? High school? Junior high? Elementary?

2/21/2007 6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were braver than I to answer those questions. That poor injury. I still cringe. And you do carry that extra 35lbs nicely. LOLOL

2/21/2007 7:47 AM  
Blogger LL said...

Heh heh...

I know at least one guy that started shaving in Junior High, but that wasn't me. I probably started scratching at my peach fuzz at around 17, but I'd hardly consider that shaving, even though it did involve a razor. I'm going to have to say that it didn't start getting heavy until I was about 19 or there abouts.

2/21/2007 7:48 AM  
Blogger LL said...

Well... we can't all be portly. ;)

2/21/2007 1:26 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Thanks, I needed something to post!

2/22/2007 5:36 AM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

You weighed 105....what did your beard weigh?? hehehe

I think this is my favorite meme ever. It's such a peek into the person and how they have or have not changed in the interim.

2/22/2007 8:57 AM  
Blogger LL said...

I was a freshman... sheesh.

What'd you want me to weigh at the ripe ol' age of 14?

And what makes you think I've changed? ;)

2/22/2007 2:00 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

I got suspended once, believe it or not. I was suspended for being late for detention hall, which I got for being late for school. See a pattern here?

And once during senior year, all of us geeks decided to skip first period calculus class and go out for breakfast. Mostly for the excitement, because we'd never gotten into any serious trouble in school. When we checked in we all had to fill out a sheet and give the reason why we were late. All of us wrote "Attacked by Bulgarian bushwhackers." I don't remember getting in trouble, but our calculus teacher was very disappointed in us and took it quite personally, which made us all feel bad.

2/22/2007 7:06 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Ah yes...

You've got to keep both eyes on those Bulgarians...

2/22/2007 10:10 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Wow, some of that seemed so bleak. The ranch hand without pay. Did that make you a hard worker now, do you think?

2/23/2007 10:53 AM  
Blogger LL said...

I doubt it. :P

Bleak? You might say that... But that which does not kill us only makes us stronger, and I ain't dead yet.

2/23/2007 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home