Saturday, April 14, 2007

How Bizarre, How Bizarre...

Ok... I promised you pictures of the two headed calf, so here you go. I just have to tell you folks, the dog got to it last night, so the heads aren't quite pristine. They're missing their lower jaws and one of the ears has been chewed on a bit, but other than that, hold on to your lunch.

The two severed heads.

Another view of the heads, only this time you can see the skin tying them together.

Here's the torso, viewed from below. You can see the 4 standard legs, and a couple extras.

A view of the torso from the backside. Now you can see the two extra legs. One of them comes from the back of his front shoulder and runs along his spine. The other comes out of his hip and runs down his butt.

A close up of the rear leg. Notice how two feet spring out of the ankle.

The same picture only a little further back.

Finally, a picture of the calf from the butt. I don't know if you can tell from this pic, but it also has 2 tails.

All in all, an extremely bizarre occurance.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definatly different. Do you have to record this to the Dept of Agriculture?

That poor thing. Hope momma is ok.

4/14/2007 2:34 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

I feel sorry for the poor little thing.

Do you think this was a twinning gone wrong (incomplete division of the two embryos) or a genetic mutation? It reminds me of some of the radiation experiment results I've seen, where animals were irradiated in utero and the offspring had all kinds of weird defects.

4/14/2007 3:50 PM  
Blogger LL said...

No reports to anyone or anything. Just put it in the, "Well, I've seen that now." file.

fermi, it looks just like one of those parasitic twins that you see on the discovery channel in people, so that's what I'm suspecting it was. So yes... I think it was a twinning gone wrong. But twins in an among themselves are pretty rare in our herd. I only know of 3 sets in my lifetime, and I don't think any of them survived that I can remember.

4/14/2007 4:45 PM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

Where did you get those old movie stills from The Omen? Isn't this when Gregory Peck was in the graveyard?

Thanks for all the technical details in your previous post. I wasn't hungry anyway.

4/15/2007 5:03 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Hmmm... the Lord Loser diet plan.

I can see it now, I should charge people to read my stories as part of a diet plan.

SCHPROCK! YOU'RE A GENIUS!

4/15/2007 6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hey LL.. been a long time..

This is truly bizarre.. and it does, in fact, sound like parasitic twinning.. such a shame :(

Glad to hear the momma's doing okay.. and glad to see you're still alive and kickin' it..

Kell

4/15/2007 8:49 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Hey Kell! Glad to see you're still around too.

I hate to tell you, but I don't kick it very often anymore. Just enough to let it know I'm still alive. ;)

4/15/2007 9:09 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh my freakin' gosh. Wow. In humans, things like this are normally spontaneously aborted. Wow, that's just ... well, it's wow.

4/16/2007 8:00 AM  
Blogger LL said...

I couldn't have said it better myself.

4/16/2007 9:42 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

LMBO! Check out my blog when you get a second, LL. =)

4/16/2007 2:17 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Thanks man!

Congrats on the blogger award nod. I've seen your name about, and thought I would drop in and say something.

4/17/2007 7:48 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I'm oh so glad I decided to visit you during lunch.

4/17/2007 10:14 AM  
Blogger LL said...

You didn't read my comment about it being the new LL diet plan, did you...

But that's what you get for wanting me to post more than once every 5 weeks. :P

4/17/2007 1:17 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Thanks for stopping by Scott. I don't think I'm deserving of the "Thinking" part of the award...

4/17/2007 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home