Tuesday, June 05, 2007

8 Things and Life

Yes... I've been tagged. AGAIN! Now who would do such a dastardly thing and call me a biotch besides? I'll let you jump to your own conclusions.

So anyway, the substance of this meme-type thing is 8 facts about myself. How tough can that be.

1. I read Beth's blog.
2. I read trinamick's blog.
3. I read...

Wha? Not buying those? Well crap, what do you want me to say? Actual things about myself? Of all the nerve...

8 things, eh? Hmmm... Well... here goes.

1. I started my college career (yes, I actually went to college) to be an electrical engineer, and spent the first 3 years in that major. It became obvious that although interesting, it wasn't going to be my calling in life and so instead of entering the professional program, I switched majors and ended up having a lot more fun.

2. I remember things that I really shouldn't be able to, and that's kinda intriguing to me. Like what you ask? Well... I remember watching an apollo mission landing in the ocean. Why shouldn't I remember that? Because the last apollo mission landing occurred when I was young. Very young. I also remember watching a TV movie that was on at about the same time. It was Frankenstein and again, I was very young when it aired. It only aired once, and I only saw it once, and yet recently I correctly identified a key sequence in the show on a bulletin board. That was astonishing to me.

3. I rarely reveal anything personal about myself. I'm mostly a private individual, which I'm sure you can see from reading my past posts. I'm a fairly closed book. Oh sure, you'll see the occasional story about this guy or that guy, or this happened or that happened, but you'll rarely see anything what I'd call personal. That tends to carry over into my real life too.

4. My tastes in music are wide and varied and range from Heavy Metal to Classical. Favorite rock band? I'm quite partial to older Metallica and the Scorpions. The Scorps came to prominence during my formative teenage years, and I met Metallica during my formative post teenage years. ;) Favorite classical tune? That would be the Warsaw Concerto. I dunno why, but it sure fits me well..

5. I'm an easy keeper. Give me four walls and a roof, and I can be satisfied.

6. I'm a decent cook. While my meals currently tend to consist of a single ingredient or less, I know my way around the kitchen and can make a meal that most would consider not only edible, but also desirable!

7. I don't write this blog for my enjoyment, nor yours, as my regular reader can tell you.

8. I can't think of anything else to put on this list. Instead I'll go ahead and post a pic of me that should satisfy most of your curiosities. It was taken a couple years ago, so I may or may not still look like I do in the pic.

21 Comments:

Blogger BC said...

I thought you couldnt tag more than once.

Dont blame me. LOL

6/05/2007 10:25 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Very nice picture.

So, what was your eventual major?

6/06/2007 8:05 AM  
Blogger mr. schprock said...

Great picture! Who's the guy trying to hop on your back?

6/06/2007 12:17 PM  
Blogger fakies said...

Why the long face? Oh, you mean that isn't you?

I was with ya on the music, right up to the classical. Then I'm afraid my brain flatlined.

6/06/2007 12:22 PM  
Blogger fakies said...

Aww man, Schprockie beat me to it. Darn one-handed typing.

6/06/2007 12:23 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Unfortunately this is a game of orgy tag where you get to blindly grope and tag everyone and anyone.

Kath -- My major? I became a business major cop out, but I did get 2 degrees at the same time (agribusiness was the other one).

Mr. S -- no one is trying to hop on my back. Are you really that blind and ignorant? He's dismounting...

KTM -- Brain flatlined, eh? So you're saying that it went back to normal then? :P

I'll let Mr. S. gloat on your slothfulness himself.

6/06/2007 2:58 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Next time you make a meal with less than one ingredient, please post a picture of it. Inquiring minds are curious...

I was going to make a crack about the horse, but mr s and trinamick both beat me to it.

6/06/2007 5:29 PM  
Blogger LL said...

It's a good thing the three of you share a brain. ;P

You want a picture of the ingredientless meal eh? I'm afraid you might just have to remain curious. We culinary experts don't like to reveal our secrets...

6/06/2007 10:10 PM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

I don't write this blog for my enjoyment...

Well that's a relief because I ... oh, nevermind.

6/07/2007 3:30 PM  
Blogger LL said...

No, no... do go on P.

6/07/2007 4:09 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Shit, I was too subtle...I was trying to make the same joke as Schprockie (and everybody else), but couldn't come up with the perfect bit (unlike Schprockie).

6/08/2007 9:09 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

This Warsaw Concerto?

Have you seen the movie?

6/11/2007 8:33 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Number 7 had me laughing out loud, but I totally take "I read Beth's blog" as good enough. Great even. =)

OK, just read Mr. Schprock. Laughed out loud again.

6/11/2007 1:27 PM  
Blogger LL said...

I dunno Kath... I'd have to hear it. But I'm going to wager that's probably it. And no, I haven't seen the film.

You laugh too easily Beth. ;)

6/11/2007 5:46 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Those of us who laugh often live longer. So there. =P

6/18/2007 4:27 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Yeah... but if I'm not here, why would life be worth living? :P

6/19/2007 9:38 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

You going to update this decade?

6/20/2007 6:08 AM  
Blogger LL said...

No promises.

6/20/2007 7:24 PM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

Helloooooooooooo, is anybody still in there?

6/25/2007 9:56 AM  
Blogger fermicat said...

You must be working on your "Stellar" imitation.

6/25/2007 12:11 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Wha? Can't a guy take a bit of a break?

I'm thinking about having a contest with JG to see if I can go longer than she can, and I'm already way behind...

6/25/2007 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home