Friday, August 25, 2006

Duuuuude... Can I Have A Hit Off That?

A couple weeks ago I decided to browse through all the channels I actually get. I'm a bit parsimonious, so I only get the basic package, and 30 of those are crap. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember what I sifted out, and there was one channel that I didn't recognize called Drive, so I checked it out.

Turns out it's an infomercial channel and they were advertising a vacuum. I knew I should just change the channel, but I decided I'd see what their pitch was to sell this particular brand of snake oil. I think you can figure out the rest. I now own a new vacuum. Bastards.

Here's the thing... you fill this vacuum up with water and it uses the water as a filter. It pipes the crap you're vacuuming into the water and traps it, making the water dirty as heck, but it doesn't pump the dust back into the air for you to vacuum up all over again later. It's quite similar to the style of air filters on old tractors. Those have an oil bath that the air flows through and it traps the impurities in the oil, keeping it out of the engine. Those old tractor air filters work awesomely, so I was willing to risk this.

I got it the other day, and put it right to work. The suction wasn't anything that I'd call excessive, and I wasn't so sure that it was going to be all that, but I'll be dipped if it didn't do a pretty darn good job.

When I got through and dumped the slurry formerly known as tap water out, it hit me. This thing has a suction device that draws air and debris through an inlet, passes all of that through a water bath, traps the bad things in the water and lets the air out the rear port.

I just bought a BONG!

*****************************

Today's Mystery Lyric:

Turn out the spotlights, one and all,
And let the feelin' get down to your soul.
The music's so loud, you can hear the sound,
Reachin' to the sky, tearing up the ground...

8 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

That sounds like a sweet vacuum. My excuse for not vacuuming more often is that it causes my asthma to kick in. So, how much did they take you for? And do they have a website?

Yeah, I so suck at this lyrics game.

8/26/2006 1:14 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Yeah, yeah. I should have clicked on the link.

8/26/2006 1:15 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Think of the fun you can have at parties with your vacu-bong!!

8/26/2006 2:36 PM  
Blogger LL said...

They're going to touch you for another $20 too, if you want the carpet beater brush attachment. I went ahead and got it and after using it and the "stock" brush, I'm glad I did.

I know fermi. Just think of the atmosphere you could create if you packed a big all american in the end and turned the sucker on!

8/26/2006 5:55 PM  
Blogger fakies said...

Thanks so much for sending me to that site. Now there's something else I want. Darn you anyway.

8/28/2006 9:23 AM  
Blogger LL said...

It's a wet-dry vac too, so you'd love it for your back porch.


*"Here's a mint, it's wafer thin..."*

:ewink:

8/28/2006 10:04 AM  
Blogger LL said...

What? No one was up to the Mystery Lyric challenge this time? And I thought it was just semi-difficult...

8/28/2006 6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are too easy... ;o)

8/28/2006 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home