Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Worth Wagering

Just the other day, I was reminiscing to myself about a book that I'd read several years ago. It wasn't exactly a good story, but it had an interesting concept. Then I'll be dipped if I wasn't flipping through the channels and guess what was on my free movie channel? Yup... the movie of the same name. Worth Winning.

Of course the film was quite a bit different than the book. Had they stayed true to the book it would have been rated X and nobody would have liked Mark Harmon's character, but I digress...

The whole premise of the book was a bet. The main character was a bit of a womanizer and would "love 'em and leave 'em". Of course he was handsome and rich, so he never lacked for bed partners, and kinda liked it that way. But he was a betting man, and so was his best friend. One day while he was boasting about some conquest or other and maligning women, his best friend decided to teach him a lesson by making a little wager. The wager was -- that our man couldn't get 3 women to agree to marry him at the same time. No problem. However, the terms of the wager were this... the best friend got to pick the three women and he had 30 days to get them to say "yes" to marriage, and the acceptance had to be on tape. I can't remember exactly what the stakes were, but if our man lost, he paid the best friend $50,000, and if he won, I believe he got the friends Mercedes or something like that...

But here's the question... do you think you'd be up to a wager like that? Other than KTM... do you think you could have 3 members of the opposite sex agree to marry you at the same time, and would you be willing to risk 50K on it? Especially if you only had 30 days, and I'd be the one picking the marks?

Oh... this could definitely be interesting.

************

Today's Mystery Lyric:

It's the perfect time of year
somewhere far away from here
I feel fine enough I guess
considering everything's a mess

7 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

I have trouble finding ONE guy who wants to date me more than once, so I would not take your bet.

12/21/2006 6:20 AM  
Blogger LL said...

Oh Kath... I'm sure you'd be up to it.

12/21/2006 7:48 AM  
Blogger fermicat said...

I wouldn't take that bet if *I* could pick the three guys.

12/21/2006 7:59 AM  
Blogger fakies said...

Har de har. Not enough money in the world. I'm with fermi on that one. One would be enough trouble. Who needs three migraines? :P

12/21/2006 8:34 AM  
Blogger fakies said...

Oh, I almost forgot: the lyrics would be from Pinch Me by the delightful Canucks known as The Barenaked Ladies.

12/21/2006 8:37 AM  
Blogger LL said...

Where are all my guys? Seems the ladies have voted with their hearts and not their heads. ;)

12/21/2006 4:28 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

That's the way we girls usually are - totally go with our hearts - it's kind of what makes us girls.

12/22/2006 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home