Sunday, December 10, 2006

Burn Out

Holy crap. I've reached my limit. I just can't take it anymore.

What brings me to such a point? Is it the weather? Is it KTM's constant harassment? (:ewink:) Is it all the Christmas decorations? All the Christmas advertising? Nope... none of the above.

It's that frelling Melancamp song, "Our Country". I CAN'T GET AWAY FROM IT!!!

First of all... it's not that great of a song. Some feeble attempt at patriotism to sell a song is just wrong to begin with. Besides, Charlie Daniels did it better with America than any of these modern fools can.

I might be a little harsh, and the song might not have grated on me quite so badly if Chevy hadn't jumped on the bandwagon. Good GADFRY!!! EVERY FRELLING COMMERCIAL has that FRELLING song in it! Yeah... I get it. God, mom, country, apple pie, and a chevy pickup. That's what makes us great. Give me a break.

As my dear old dad said, and I quote, "There's a difference between scratching your ass and tearing it all to hell." I think we're beyond merely scratching at this point in time, especially when every third commercial I see on TV is a Chevy commercial that PLAYS THAT FRELLING SONG!

Please tell me it's not just me...

************

Today's Mystery Lyric:

A king without a sword,
a land without a king.
Truth without a voice,
one song left to sing.
One song to sing.

A wise man told me
there is something you should know.
The way you judge a man is you look into his soul
And you'll soon see everything.

6 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

It might be just you. ;-)

I honestly can't recall that song, although it may be that I've heard it and don't know the name of it. I tend not to pay any attention to the music they play over commercials.

12/11/2006 10:09 AM  
Blogger fakies said...

I have a deep-seated hatred for that song, and most of the other patriotic songs bent on suckering us into a "Buy our Album if you're an American" schtick. That one by Darrol Worley nearly sends me into a fit.

12/11/2006 12:30 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Those ultra-patriotic songs now make me think of the fake ones in Team America: World Police, which makes me laugh. America, F**k Yeah! And don't forget, Freedom Isn't Free (it costs $1.05).

12/11/2006 2:51 PM  
Blogger LL said...

I wish I couldn't recall that song too fermi, oh how I wish it...

Fortunately for me, I don't know who Darrol Worley is, and I have a feeling I'm glad that I don't.

Perhaps I'll have to see Team America after all...

12/11/2006 5:37 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Oh, honey, it's not just you. That commercial was played ad nauseum during the World Series and I would change the channel every "FRELLING" time. It makes me want to shoot people or Chevy trucks. Talk about a cheap ploy to sell trucks by appealing to people's patriotism - I find the commercial with references to 9/11 particularly offensive.

12/12/2006 6:49 AM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Team America is worth seeing on many levels. I am usually not a fan of movies with musical numbers, or marionettes, but this one does some really unexpected things (some naughty, some just bizarre) with the marionettes. The songs cracked me up. "Way over the top" kind of funny. And now every time I see Kim Jong Il on the news, I imagine him with his "Cartman" voice, singing about being "ronery". :P

12/12/2006 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home