Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Pimpin' Ain't Easy...

Did I mention that I've got a hoe? Yeah... I always wanted one, and finally broke down, negotiated with a guy, we came to an arrangement and I got her. She's not the newest, and she's kinda big, but... so far, she's gotten the job done.

Taking care of a hoe isn't always easy, you've got to make sure she's full up on all the vital things. Plenty of lubrication before she gets to the job, and then there's the fluids. Always gotta make sure that there's a place for them, and that they're not too disgusting. Otherwise you might have to do a flush... yeeeeesh.

But on the bright side, I get to use her whenever I want. The funny thing is, you find that you start to use her in ways and for things that you never imagined you would. But we won't get into those now...

No... today's post is about something that she was made for.

Today I spent all day digging trenches looking for a frelling plug in a pipeline. There's nothing more frustrating than looking for a plug in a pipeline, but the backhoe makes it a bit easier. At least I didn't have to dig up the darn thing with a shovel. No... my little hoe makes finding the pipe much easier. It's still not easy finding the plug, but them's the breaks. The best thing about today was that it was cold and windy, and I was playing in water, and I ran out of couplers, and we didn't find the plug, and the backhoe ended the day with a flat tire.

Yup... just another day in the trenches... and pimpin' ain't easy.

************

Today's Mystery Lyric:

I'm just mad about Saffron
Saffron's mad about me
I'm just mad about Saffron
She's just mad about me...

5 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

I haven't heard "Mellow Yellow" in ages, but thanks to you I will not be able to get it out of my head for the rest of the day.

As for the rest of your post... I'm speechless.

11/16/2006 8:12 AM  
Blogger fakies said...

Be careful not to overuse your hoe. She might have a cause for exploitation. I hope you at least let the hoe stay in a warm place at night.

11/16/2006 10:03 AM  
Blogger LL said...

I do what I can fermi.

I left you speechless? Wow... now that's saying something. ;)

Don't worry KTM, I make her stay outdoors at night, who knows what she'd track in if I didn't. Besides, if she starts acting up, I just have to get a little rough with her, like I did today and she shapes right up. Hey... a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

11/16/2006 4:57 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I'm such a suburban girl I was picturing the manual version for your entire post. And was very confused.

11/18/2006 10:11 PM  
Blogger LL said...

My post was confusing? Why... whatever do you mean? *whistles innocently*

11/18/2006 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home