Sunday, November 26, 2006

And Visions of Sugarplums...

How was your Thanksgiving? Good? Did you spend it stuffing your gut and watching football? Or did you spend it productively by moving, sanding, and painting? :P

I had mine all planned out. Get up at noon, eat, sleep, watch football. Sounds fun, right? Well... that is my dream anyway. Usually, my Thanksgivings always go the same way.

Get up as usual, feed some sort of animal, feed several other sorts of animals, get home, eat, then watch football while sleeping the afternoon away. Pretty standard, huh.

Well, I don't know if the hex came from PinTA or KTM, but I'll be dipped if Wednesday afternoon I didn't feel that familiar dryness on the back of my throat that portends an approaching sore throat. By the time my bro left that evening, I was starting to shiver uncontrollably. Oh joy.

I'd already had a dram of snake bite medicine, so my next stop was straight to bed. Without getting into the gory details of my usual sleeping attire, I knew that I'd be freezing for a couple hours, then dripping with sweat soon after. That meant I'd be keeping my shirt and longjohns on for the night. It was a long night, but on the bright side, once my teeth stopped chattering I fell right to sleep.

Thanksgiving morning rolled around much too quickly and my throat was not feeling much better. Along with the sore throat were the dry sinuses and stiff neck. All in all a potent combination that equals feeling poorly. Fortunately, my dad and bro did all the feeding that morning and I went back to bed for a couple more hours.

When I finally couldn't sleep anymore, I got up, made a pot of coffee and showered. I felt a little bit better as the morning went on, and decided to go ahead and try Thanksgiving dinner. I was mostly just there in spirit. Nothing tasted good, and I had very little appetite.

But on the bright side, I felt a lot better after my afternoon nap. Good enough that I was able to go back up to my folks place and watch Cars with my nieces. Something they'd been begging me to do for at least 3 days.

It wasn't my favorite Thanksgiving of all time, but all in all... it turned out ok.

************

Today's Mystery Lyric:

My mother was a tailor
sewed my new blue jeans
My father was a gamblin' man
down in New Orleans...

11 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

Sorry to hear you were under the weather for T-Day. I had a great day on Thursday, but then woke up Friday morning with the gift that keeps on giving - a sore throat portending the start of something awful - courtesy of a sniffly niece or nephew. At least I got to enjoy the feasting day, and didn't have to go to work sick. Between the head cold and the stupid football game, it hasn't been a very good holiday for me.

11/26/2006 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would that be ummmmmmmmmmmmm]

The hoooose of the risin' sun?

11/26/2006 10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone decided that they needed my cars mirrors more than my car did. But all in all it was a decent day. Cost me a little to fix the car though.

11/26/2006 10:42 PM  
Blogger fakies said...

I tried to warn ya, but noooo... had to test it. Have you never heard of Hurricane Katrina? Foolish man.

11/27/2006 12:12 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Yeah fermi, that's how I got mine too, but I still enjoy seeing them.

You don't use your mirrors anyway in the city...

And if you were responsible KTM, I'd have had a winning lottery ticket or something equally as nice. ;)

11/27/2006 4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh so you have heard about how we drive huh? LOLOL

11/27/2006 5:31 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Ahhh merry Sunshine...

I'm a private businessman, that means there is no such thing as a do-nothing day right now. Just that some days are less work related than others...

11/28/2006 2:56 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I was fine for Thanksgiving, but spent the rest of the weekend either in my bed or on my couch. I'm sorry that nothing tasted good, because Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and it would just suck if nothing had any flavor. Hope you're feeling better now.

11/30/2006 6:15 AM  
Blogger LL said...

Much. Thank you!

11/30/2006 4:15 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Is it "Brown Sugar" by the Stones? Oh, I don't know.

I hope you're feeling better. I don't think there's anything worse than not feeling well on the holidays.

I'll have you know, I ate enough turkey and stuff for the both of us. =)

12/01/2006 9:38 AM  
Blogger LL said...

I can always count on you, can't I Beth. ;)

12/01/2006 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home