Thursday, January 04, 2007

Unfortunately, There is a "Me" in Meme

Ok... despite all of my best efforts to the contrary, I got waylaid by fermicat.

So here it is and I have no doubt it will be the most boring answer that meme ever had.

The rules are simple:

1. Find the nearest book.
2. Name the book.
3. Name the author.
4. Turn to page 123.
5. Go to the fifth sentence on the page.
6. Copy the next three sentences and post to your blog.
7. Tag three more lucky souls.

The nearest book to me is... Blacks Law Dictionary, 5th Edition, and I'm guessing it was written by Black.

So we turn to page 123 and start at the 5th sentence where we find...

"Auto Theft. A form of larceny, the subject matter of which is a motor vehicle. The taking and carrying away of a motor vehicle from the owner or possessor with intent to deprive him permanently of it."

Boy... I'll just bet you all were dying to know that. :P

I'll spare anyone else the humility of memeing further.

***************

Next on the list is for some reader input. I'm going to put together an interview of a mystery blogger and I'm looking for questions for it. Go ahead and put your questions in your comments, or, if you'd like to remain anonymous, drop me an email with them in it at lordltemp@starband.net

I'll sift out the best of them and you'll get to read the answers. I'm sure it's gonna be interesting at the very least.

6 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

And I thought my anatomy book was boring...

1/04/2007 8:12 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

That's honestly the book closest to hand? That's so sad, LL. I'm going to mail you some books.

1/05/2007 8:37 AM  
Blogger fakies said...

Only lawbreakers have a copy of Black's Law Dictionary. Just so you know.

1/05/2007 9:25 AM  
Blogger LL said...

I've got plenty of books Kath, it's just that I don't read for fun anymore.

Lawbreakers, eh? Your bosses have a couple, don't they KTM? ;)

And c'mon... the rest of you can think of some questions, can't you?

1/05/2007 3:02 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Okay, questions for your mystery blogger:

What's your favorite book? Why?
What's your favorite band?
Does your head sweat?
How did you sleep last night?
Do you have any desire to climb Mt. Everest?
Is Iraq the Vietnam of the 21st Century?
Why do people stop their cars on railroad tracks?

Enough?

1/09/2007 6:19 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

My question: how long is your mustache really?

1/15/2007 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home