Monday, June 25, 2007

The Easy Way Out

Crikey Gidget luv... Who da thunk it? People are actually clambering for a post from me? Are you all really that insane? I'm thinking yes...

So because I can...

IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?

So, here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing.
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend your cool... (I will however edit the entries to make sure they're songs, and not CD's of my George Gordon classes. I somehow don't think "Disc 11, Basic Courtroom Strategy and Procedure" will ever be a good answer.)



Opening Credits: In the Hall of the Mountain King -- Wagner
Waking Up: Kohoutek -- Journey
First Day at School: Ballad of the Green Berets -- SSG Barry Sadler
Falling in Love: Cum on Feel the Noize -- Slade
Fight Song: Still They Ride -- Journey (Whutha???)
Breaking Up: Tell Her About It -- Billy Joel
Prom: Cum on Feel the Noize -- Quiet Riot (Does this mean that I fell in love at the prom?)
Mental Breakdown: St Elmo's Fire -- John Parr (What the heck is this doing in my iTunes library?)
Driving: Allentown -- Billy Joel
Flashback: Wheel in the Sky -- Journey (One of the few Journey songs I actually listen to.)
Getting Back Together: In America -- Charlie Daniels Band
Wedding: In the Hall of the Mountain King -- Wagner (I've got 1000 songs and it hits this twice?)
Birth of Child: The Kid is Hot Tonight -- Loverboy
Final Battle: Mississippi Lady -- Jim Croce
Death Scene: Who's Cryin' Now -- Journey
End Credits: Ventura Highway -- America
Funeral Song: Of A Lifetime -- Journey (I am NOT a Journey fan and it hits 5 songs, what the heck?)

Well... that wasn't very representative, so we'll go from iTunes to the ol' iPod...

Opening Credits: Simple Kind of Life -- No Doubt
Waking Up: Action -- Sweet
First Day at School: Rooster -- Alice in Chains
Falling in Love: It Just Takes Some Time -- Jimmy Eats World
Fight Song: Somewhere Over the Rainbow -- Israel Kamikasomthingorother (Just gets you in that fighting spirit now, doesn't it. You'll be hearing it on the next UFC championship fight, I'm almost sure.)
Breaking Up: Fear of the Dark -- Iron Maiden
Prom: Call Me -- Blondie (I'm an American Gigolo!)
Mental Breakdown: Sweetness -- Jimmy Eats World
Driving: Convoy -- C.W. McCall (Finally something that fits)
Flashback: Stupid Girl -- Garbage (What can I say?)
Getting Back Together: Burning For You - Blue Oyster Cult
Wedding: Breathe -- Anna Nalick
Birth of Child: Last Night -- The Strokes
Final Battle: Ballroom Blitz -- Sweet
Death Scene: Kryptonite -- Three Doors Down
End Credits: Bring Me to Life -- Evanescence
Funeral Song: Four Wheel Drive -- THE Bachman Turner Overdrive

Well... the iPod was definitely the better of the two. I'm really going to have to get after my bro for his music selections in the future...

8 Comments:

Blogger fermicat said...

The iPod selections are much more fitting. Ballroom Blitz is a great choice for the final battle (and less perplexing than your fight song). Is there something you want to tell us about that flashback?

6/26/2007 9:50 AM  
Blogger Sunshine said...

I must admit, there are tunes you have that knocked me over with a feather, would have NEVER in a thousand years pegged you for listening to.
Seriously. The enigma continues.

6/26/2007 1:38 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Do tell Sunny... I've got some songs on there that I don't listen to at all. So which ones my dear?

"Is there something you want to tell us about that flashback?"

No... not really. :innocent:

6/26/2007 3:17 PM  
Blogger fakies said...

Nice try, attempting to pass off that first list as an anomaly. What'd you do, delete all the Celine Dion?

6/27/2007 7:48 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

I would kill myself if I heard 5 Journey songs in one day.

LOL at Trina's comment.

The Wagner is excellent.

6/27/2007 10:52 AM  
Blogger LL said...

Well if you must know KTM... my brother might, I repeat, might have added some songs to my collection. I can neither confirm nor deny any such allegation.

Besides, I would never delete my Celine Dion any more than you'd get rid of all of your Whitney Houston.

Kath: I'd rather not test myself to see if that would happen to me either. And how can you go wrong with Wagner?

6/27/2007 2:31 PM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

True story: we sold John Parr a car just over a month ago.

I didn't say it would be an interesting true story.

7/01/2007 11:28 AM  
Blogger pianoman said...

""Disc 11, Basic Courtroom Strategy and Procedure" - Curious about the CDs. Do you still use them? Please Email me tristansc@hotmail.com

9/18/2011 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home