Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Better Late Than Never

Well... my bro called me up last night to tell me that he'd picked up the new arrival and that it's up there waiting for me right now. To make things even better, he'd plugged it in and it works and everything! But he was kinda sorry he'd plugged it in actually... He'd bought a new compy about 2 years ago, and this one put his to shame. "It's so fast, it's a freakin' rocket ship!" I believe were similar to his actual words.

Anyway... when he went in to pick it up, he told the guy behind the counter what had happened, and asked if we'd made the mistake or they'd made the mistake. "Yeah, we know about that, and should probably change it." was the reply he got.

Now as I've mentioned, my bro is a paid computer nerd, in fact, he and a buddy started their own business a couple years back, and tend to use this computer store to get most of their products for their high end clients. We're not talking about ram chips and cables, no... we're talking $80,000+ servers and such. So my bro, not quite liking the response he got from the "help" started talking to the owner of the store. When he laid out the whole tale from beginning to end about my little jaunt, and the store's little faux pas coupled with the "sucks to be you" attitude he'd just received, he said the owner had that look in his eye that he just realized how close he was to losing a major account. "Uh-oh." says the owner. Then he set out to make it right.

Did he knock off a few bucks? Sell him the compy at cost? Really make this right? Ummm... he gave me a T-shirt with the store's logo on it. *shrug* Meh... it was more than I was expecting.

************

Today's Mystery Lyric:

Hangin' round, downtown by myself
and I had so much time to sit and think about myself
and then there she was
like double cherry pie

3 Comments:

Blogger fakies said...

Henry is correct on the song and it is by, umm, Marcy Playground?

The least they could have done was throw in a free printer or something. My BIL is great about getting something for nothing in those situations.

11/01/2006 3:05 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Hey! Henry! Good to see you ol' chap...

I probably won't use the shirt as a rag just yet, I'll use it as a shirt! Shoot... it only cost me $50 in gas, what more could you ask for out of a free shirt?

KTM: I'm usually good about getting nothing for nothing in those situations. ;)

11/01/2006 4:12 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

As an apology, they are allowing you to be a walking advertisement for them?!? O-kaaaayyyy. Perhaps you should doctor up the logo a bit, to reflect the true nature of the business...

11/02/2006 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home