Sunday, September 30, 2007

Doo, Doo, Doo, Lookin' Out My Front Door...

Well... last week was fairly uneventful. Moved up to the mountain last Sunday, and then I woke up Monday morning and pert near fell on my kiester as I got out of the camper. I wasn't expecting the bumper to be snowy, it wasn't when I went to bed.

But the skiff of snow only stayed until about 3 or 4 pm that day, and the 20 mph breeze just warmed things up nicely.

After that, it just got dusty for the rest of the week and warmer. I might post more on the week later, but nothing really eventful occurred.

No... today's post is about what I woke up to yesterday morning. Yes... the forecast called for stormy weather, or so I was told, but it didn't matter to me. After the full week, I was ready for a break and planned to take all of Saturday off.

But then my mom called early on Saturday, as is her wont. I guess she missed talking with me for the last week, bless her heart, but it still interrupted my slumber. At the conclusion of her call she asked if I'd looked outside. As I was still in bed, the answer was no.

I tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't so I got up and was greeted by this...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
and this...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
and... this.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yup fermi... change doesn't take quite as long in this part of the world... ;)

16 Comments:

Blogger BC said...

These are really beautiful pictures but you can keep the snow there for a little while longer. :D

I admit that I complained about sleeping in 40 degree cold last night in the mountains. That was enough for me for now. :P Halloween at the camp is always fun. LOLOL

9/30/2007 7:36 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Ah, I like that song. But Great Googly Moogly! It's only September! Now I understand your comment on change happening very quickly. It seems far too early for the white stuff, but it is still sweatin' weather here - not sweater weather. My sister lived in Utah and Colorado for a while and they used to get snow in October. That seemed shockingly wrong also.

And isn't that your mom's job? Making sure you don't ever get to sleep late? Not even a tiny little bit? ;-)

9/30/2007 8:24 PM  
Blogger LL said...

"And isn't that your mom's job? Making sure you don't ever get to sleep late? Not even a tiny little bit? ;-)"

It certainly seems that way.

9/30/2007 10:20 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

OMG, NOOOOOOOOO! I want the snow to hold off as long as possible and I see that and my head says, "It's coming. It's coming."

10/01/2007 10:13 AM  
Blogger fakies said...

HAHAHAHA!

Erm, I mean, I'm so sorry. Snow this early? Tragic. Really.

10/01/2007 1:59 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Sorry Beth... I just reports what I sees... But I didn't even leave the house on Saturday.

And don't worry KTM... there'll soon come a day when I'll quote that one right back to ya. :D

10/01/2007 5:43 PM  
Blogger tiff said...

I would like to walk barefoot through that snow.

It doesn't look all THAT cold.

10/01/2007 7:07 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Of course not. I mean... how cold could it possibly be? After all, it's just frozen water, sounds like the perfect temp for letting the piggies go swimming...

10/01/2007 9:33 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

And that's why I don't live any further north than I presently live. No way in hell I want to live where you get snow and ice in early October.

10/03/2007 6:12 AM  
Blogger LL said...

Oh my dear Kath... I'm wagering you live further north than I...

It's just the altitude thing.

10/03/2007 4:00 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I like how you said "I wager" to Kathleen. Reminded me of "Little House on the Prairie." Damn, I used to love that show ... and the little boy Pa adopted.

10/09/2007 8:00 AM  
Blogger NYPinTA said...

On the 30th of September, it was still in the high 70s here. (It was actually starting to freak me out.)

Leaves are just starting to turn now, two weeks later.

10/10/2007 3:44 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

It finally got "cold" here. You know... high only in the 70s. :-) Batten down the hatches: It is supposed to dip into the 40s tonight!

I don't miss the northeast at all... nope.

10/11/2007 8:19 PM  
Blogger LL said...

Whoa... better put another log on that fire.

10/11/2007 9:48 PM  
Blogger fermicat said...

Funny you should suggest that. I made PDM light the pilot light in our gas fireplace tonight.

Ran it about five minutes before the room was hot as hell and I shut it off! Oh well.

10/12/2007 8:40 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Ah, but my latitude doesn't get ice storms in September, thank you very much.

10/17/2007 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home